Weâ€™re looking for a passionate and energetic individual, who lovesÂ to work with numbers! Reporting to the Director of Finance, this individual must be detail oriented and a team player, with strong communication skills. Our Accounting Team is quiet at time but jokes are thrown out to break the silence and keeps your energy level high!Â At Watson Gloves we work hard and play hard!
Your core RESPONSIBILITIES include:
Essential roles and responsibilities:
- Perform Customer, Vendor, Product and Pricing analysis, identifying areas or risk and opportunity, and providing recommendations on how to add value for our customers
- Isolate product and customer trends, forecasting results and providing recommendations to capitalize on opportunities
- Identifying high cost drivers and cost behaviours throughout operations by the collection of data and statistical analysis and providing recommendations on reducing or removing costs from the business.
- Provide strategic decision support to the organization by analyzing results, key performance indicators and identifying opportunities for improved financial and business performance.
- Develop and maintain financial models and scenario analysis to support business decision-making processes
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Work Experience/Educational background required:
- Certified Lean or Six Sigma program preferred
- Designation or Enrollment in CFA Program preferred
- Accounting / Business Degree
- CPA Designation
Additional skills or experience preferred:
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- An ability to find trends and forecast their impact
- Excellent communication, with a proven ability to influence decision makers in the business
- Be a story teller, turning data into easily understood trends and impacts that can be actioned by the business
- Must have BI Software Experience (Tableau preferred)
- Must have advanced Excel skills
- ERP systems experience (GP Dynamics preferred)
A little about WATSON GLOVES:
Based in Burnaby, B.C, Watson Gloves is a family-owned company that has been in business for 100 years with additional locations in Calgary and Mississauga. With an extensive importing portfolio, we are also one of the few remaining glove manufacturers in Canada.
Please email your Resume along with aÂ Cover LetterÂ as to why you would be a fit for this position. Please, no calls.
Thank you for your interest in Watson Gloves! Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.We wish you the best in your job search. Remember to follow us online for future opportunities: