Business Development Manager – USA
Location: Memphis, TN preferred (Remote, Home Office: Nashville, Birmingham AL, Huntsville, Monroe LA, Little Rock, AR or El Dorado)
Are you interested in growing your career with Watson Gloves? We are looking for a Business Development Manager, USA to join the Watson Gloves Family.
Our Business Development Team is looking for a Business Development Manager to help grow our US territory. The BD Manager will have the opportunity to grow our customer bases in B2B and B2C, educate our clients and potential clients about our innovative PPE product catalogue, while delivering exceptional customer experiences both internally and externally, all in the Watson Gloves way. Reporting to the Director of US Sales, you will bring your hunger for growth to our customer-centric team. With names like “Sexy Back”, “Dirty Deeds” and “Cool It”, we’ve been making gloves fun for the last 104 years!
Take a look inside our Watson Gloves factory and see how our gloves are made here.
YOUR core responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Aggressively pursue and close all business opportunities within assigned Major Industrial Accounts.
- Develop and manage a Strategic Business Plan for each Major Account to drive corporate and local opportunities with each client.
- Work closely with Sales Managers, local Sales Representatives, and support team to build overall strategy for these accounts including contact strategy, growth plans and resource needs.
- Develop relationships, identify opportunities, coordinate the quotation of services, pricing strategies, close business, and complete follow up and reporting via Watson CRM.
- Develop new product requirements to ensure end-use customer needs are met.
- Hold strategic discussions with assigned accounts and prospects that help us to better understand their needs and position us for future growth and a differentiated value proposition
- Form successful working relationships with but not limited to Health and Safety Officers, Procurement Managers, Purchasers, Managers and Field Workers and ensure complete customer satisfaction at all levels.
- Drive new product through site visits with targeted accounts
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
What YOU BRING to Watson Gloves:
- Minimum 7 years successful direct business to business sales experience in business to business (industrial market product or service sales experience preferred) w/ with minimum 2+ years leading a small team.
- Strong organizational skills, detailed oriented, and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to work independently to accomplish company objectives with minimal supervision.
- A high degree of communication, supervisory, organizational and management skills are required.
- Experience in performing presentations to management level personnel required.
- Understanding of target companies purchasing and decision-making processes.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft office tools
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record
- 60% Travel Required.
- Identifying new business opportunities through market trends, anomalies and opportunities
- Effective negotiator
- Ensure all business development initiatives comply with Watson’s policies, procedures and guidelines
Who We Are:
With 104 years of experience, Watson Gloves is Canada’s single source for hand protection: at work, at home, at play. We are a Family owned company that is committed to providing Authentic and Fun experiences for our people and our customers that deliver above and beyond customer and employee experiences based in Integrity and Continuous Improvement. Whether we source our gloves from the world’s finest manufacturers, or hand-craft them in our local factory, every pair of gloves we sell has been selected from top-of-the-line materials, design and craftsmanship.
- Family Spirit: We support each other and we work as a team
- Integrity: We deliver on our promises every single day
- Fun: We work hard and play hard
- Authentic: We are true to who we are and what we do
- Continuous Improvement: We continually invest in our people and improving our processes
- Competitive salary + commissions
- Competitive vacation policy
- Company mobile device and laptop
- Fun and engaging working environment
Apply here today: Business Development Manager – USA (risepeople.com)
Please, no phone calls.
Due to the volume of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest Watson Gloves. Please note, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Don’t forget to follow us online for future opportunities: