Location: Burnaby, BC
Are you interested in growing your career with Watson Gloves? We are looking for a Factory Turner to join the Watson Gloves Family. This role will be based in Burnaby, BC. Watson Gloves started as a small 2 person company, selling leather gloves to Vancouver Dock Workers. 103 years later, our factory is still manufacturing gloves here in Burnaby! Our artisans have, on average, 20 years of experience – we are a great place to work and now is your chance to join this great team! This is a unionized position, after completing the 60 day probation period.
Full-Time, Permanent, Unionized position after probation
7:00am – 3:30pm M-F
Take a look inside our Watson Gloves factory and see how our gloves are made here.
YOUR core responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Turning of gloves
- Attaching snaps to gloves
- Alycore gluing
- Finishing aprons
- General cleaning
- Moving work in progress
- Assist with cycle counts
What YOU BRING to Watson Gloves:
- Minimum 1-year experience in a warehouse position
- Previous experience in manufacturing or production
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Lift boxes up to 50lbs
- Team player
- Willing to help out in the warehouse wherever needed
- Ability to stand during entire shift
Article 19.01: Wages Turning – Time Work
- d) Turner-job classification rates
Time Period Jan. 1, 2021
First 6 months $17.69
6 – 12 months $18.21
Years 1 – 5 $18.73
After 5 years $19.25
Who We Are:
With 103 years of experience, Watson Gloves is Canada’s single source for hand protection: at work, at home, at play. We are a Family owned company that is committed to providing Authentic and Fun experiences for our people and our customers that deliver above and beyond customer and employee experiences based in Integrity and Continuous Improvement. Whether we source our gloves from the world’s finest manufacturers, or hand-craft them in our local factory, every pair of gloves we sell has been selected from top-of-the-line materials, design and craftsmanship.
- Family Spirit: We support each other and we work as a team
- Integrity: We deliver on our promises every single day
- Fun: We work hard and play hard
- Authentic: We are true to who we are and what we do
- Continuous Improvement: We continually invest in our people and improving our processes
Please email your Resume along with a Cover Letter letting us know why you would be a great fit for this position at Careers (risepeople.com). Please, no phone calls.
Thank you for your interest Watson Gloves. Please note, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Don’t forget to follow us online for future opportunities: