Location: Burnaby, BC
Are you interested in growing your career with Watson Gloves? We are looking for a Warehouse Receiver to join the Watson Gloves Family. This role will be based in Burnaby, BC.
Full-Time, Permanent, Unionized position after probation
7:00am – 3:30pm M-F
Our Operations Team is looking for a Warehouse Receiver 1 to support the distribution of Watson gloves. Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, you will bring your passion for quality product, details and team work to ensure that day-to-day receiving is operating on-time, accurately and efficiently – all while delivering exceptional customer service. This role will support Watson Gloves’ overall corporate mission of elevating the glove industry with innovative and sustainable protection by protecting the people who work with us, the customers who buy from us and our environment in which we live. At Watson Gloves we do all of this in a fun and family-oriented environment.
Take a look inside our Watson Gloves factory and see how our gloves are made here.
YOUR core responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Unload containers
- Receive shipments including processing of documentation
- Sorting, re-stocking and organizing of warehouse area
- Operation of forklift
- Assemble large orders for shipping
- General Shipping duties as required
- Assist receiver in general warehouse duties
- Occasional operation of warehouse equipment (must hold valid certification)
What YOU BRING to Watson Gloves:
- Minimum 1-year experience in a warehouse position
- Previous experience unloading containers, pallet building, loading and unloading trailers
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Lift boxes up to 50lbs
- Team player
- Willing to help out in the warehouse wherever needed
- Ability to stand during entire shift
Who We Are:
With 103 years of experience, Watson Gloves is Canada’s single source for hand protection: at work, at home, at play. We are a Family owned company that is committed to providing Authentic and Fun experiences for our people and our customers that deliver above and beyond customer and employee experiences based in Integrity and Continuous Improvement. Whether we source our gloves from the world’s finest manufacturers, or hand-craft them in our local factory, every pair of gloves we sell has been selected from top-of-the-line materials, design and craftsmanship.
- Family Spirit: We support each other and we work as a team
- Integrity: We deliver on our promises every single day
- Fun: We work hard and play hard
- Authentic: We are true to who we are and what we do
- Continuous Improvement: We continually invest in our people and improving our processes
Article 19.01: Wages
Shipping/Warehouse – Time Work
a) Employees currently working in one of these following positions that do not have a good verbal and written understanding of the English language will be advised to take the ESL course offered (See 17.08).
d) Receiving-job classification rates
Time Period Jan. 1, 2021
Receiver I $18.21
Please email your Resume along with a Cover Letter letting us know why you would be a great fit for this position at Careers (risepeople.com). Please, no phone calls.
Thank you for your interest Watson Gloves. Please note, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Don’t forget to follow us online for future opportunities: