Our Watson family, working together with you, for the next 100 years.
Our Watson family is working hard to reduce our environmental footprint along with helping reduce yours. We can be the change to a better, sustainable environment.
Our Watson family is extending our helping hands out to our communities to give back through a variety of charity initiatives.
We are constantly pushing the envelope in product innovation and sustainability in the glove industry so that you can have the best hand protection to keep your hands safe at work, at home and at play.
Watson Gloves is committed to ethically sourcing products and making sure its employees are treated with respect and have the resources and tools necessary to thrive in the workplace. We also respect and embrace the diversity of thoughts in the workplace and constantly work towards creating an inclusive environment where employees feel safe, welcomed and valued.
Funny things happen when you turn 100. First, you reflect on the past, where you’ve come from, what you’ve become. Then, you start to look ahead. Look at the future. Look at the “next 100”. What will our legacy be? What are we, giving back?
Suddenly the state of the planet and its sustainability became something that we needed to focus on, as a business.
We are looking at all aspects of our operations and know we can make a difference. This year we are committed to the following:
1) Reducing our footprint:
- Paperless Accounting
- Recycling and food scrap program at all three branches
- Landfill biodegradable poly bags for our product.
2) Helping our community:
- Committed to raise money for the Wounded Warriors Canada – a national mental health charity supporting Canada’s ill & injured veterans, first responders and their families
- Donating gloves to ensure the homeless hands are warm in the Winter
- Launching employee volunteer policy where we donate hours so our employees can take time to volunteer in their community.
3) Creating sustainable product using recyclable and landfill biodegradable materials
4) Building a healthy, happy workplace:
- Dedicated to providing a healthy, happy work environment built on integrity and respect for all of our employees’ personal health and wellbeing.
- Employee development (classes, conferences and seminars)
- Lean Kaizen training
- RRSP contributions
- Aim to seek out suppliers that meet our sustainability initiatives for beginning of life to end of product life cycle.
Stay up-to-date on our Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives by clicking below.